Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I've been repaired.

Alright, so update:

Surgery went well! The first thing I did when I woke up in the recovery room was squirm about and then I shouted "I can breathe! And smell!" The nurses weren't as excited as I was and they replied, "That's nice"; they just didn't understand.

I cannot express how satisfying and refreshing it is to be able to breathe through my nose! After being a mouth-breather for all of my life, it's really weird. I've always felt like my nose was plugged up but now the air just FLOWS! My smell isn't very strong, but it's there! Danny has been taking me everywhere to smell things and it's all very overwhelming. Also, my voice has been raised a little bit. My roommate said I sound like I'm on helium and another friend said I "don't sound sick". No more nasally-ness!

As for sleep: no more gasping noises and not breathing! The other day I woke up alert and it was really weird. I still don't quite feel "myself" yet, so I still feel a bit sleepy and sore. I'm just so excited for everything now! I can finally live my life.

It's not a happy ending, it's a happy beginning! (good one, Vanessa).

No comments:

Post a Comment