Friday, July 16, 2010

Getting through life...

...not easily done. The days seem so long. Maybe it's just the summer and it's too hot to do anything other than melt on the couch. It's most likely linked to the fact that I'm much too lazy to do anything except things that have immediate consequences if I don't do them (e.g. go to work). Mainly, I'm just tired of waiting around for something or someone to make me happy ALL the time. Not that I'm super sad or anything, it's just that I've experienced being happy always once, and now that I've had it, then lost it, life just seems like "Aw, craaaap...I have to do things".

What I'm trying to get at is...I've made a point system. Everytime I clean the house, study, do something outside, eat vegetables etc, I get a sticker! I haven't got the stickers yet...so for now I make unsatisfactory circles beside things I've done. Hopefully this will keep me motivated?

I've also planned out the rest of my University career, which is highly motivational. The next two years now look more like a smooth, straight road, rather than a confusing maze. I just can't wait to be DONE!!! My awesome roomie also switched majors into something more similar to mine, and therefore WE CAN TAKE CLASSES TOGETHER!! Which I am looking forward to muchly! Now I'm not forced to make new friends! Not that new friends are bad, I'm just not good at making and keeping them.

Sigh...just two more years, just two more years, just two more years...

Ps: Local Natives = excellent band! :)

1 comment:

  1. can i have stickers too? stickers = best motivational tool on planet earth.
    also i cant wait to go to new brunswick with you!

    ReplyDelete