Friday, May 8, 2009

Blech

Hi again. I have decided something revolutionary. I have decided to overcome a few of my strange and stupid fears. Here is my exceptional list:

1) I am afraid of the dark if I am by myself: slowly, I am overcoming this through living on my own. Hopefully after awhile, I won't have to turn off the lights and then book it upstairs so fast that I trip and then I think someone is eating me and I freak out...yeah, hopefully that will discontinue in the near future.

2) Talking to strangers (i.e.: ordering food at restaurants): this is just ridiculous and needs to stop. But my fear is so huge, you have no idea. For instance, whenever I call strangers to ask for things like internet and stuff, as soon as I hang up the phone I burst into tears. Haha! I am so lame! But yeah, I'm not sure what to do for this one.

3) The city in general: I hate taking the bus (unless it's the 55 - l'autobus cinquanta-cinque!), and I have never once in my 9 months of living here, pulled the chord thingy on the bus! (I could have had a baby in that time). But, that is hopefully going to change tonight. Also, I was scared of biking in the city, but I biked today! I biked to the campus and back. Yay! And nobody stole my tires! BONUS!

4) Commitment: also known as dating. Haha! I don't know what else to say other than, this sucks!

5) I am positive that I had more fears than this. I guess another would be travelling, but that's just because I have never really done it.

Yup! I am on my way to becoming virtually fearless!

1 comment:

  1. i'm with you one 1, 4, and 5, lol :D
    you got the power though!

    ReplyDelete